Written by lehighvalleyfamily.com
Jul 02, 2014
Originally Posted on LehighValleyFamily.com
If you are taking the grandkids on a trip this summer, make certain you pack a road trip kit! You'll thank us an hour into the drive.
- Paper Towels - Spills … or worse… are a strong possibility.
- Wet Wipes - Sticky hands are bound to happen.
- Odor Eliminator -Stinky car? No thanks.
- Chap Stick or Lip Balm
- Hand Sanitizer - Sometimes, it is necessary to sanitize even after washing hands!
- Eye Care Supplies - Lens Cloth, Glasses, Saline Solution or re-wetting drops if you wear contacts.
- Plenty of snacks and drinks. Make one bin designated for each child, filled with several choices. This eliminates any arguing over who ate whose snacks.
- Pain Reliever- For the kids and adults.
- Mace - Keep handy at roadside stops.
- Plastic bags
- A small bin lined with plastic bags. Doubles as trash can (empty at every stop for a tidy car) or if the worst strikes - a barf bucket.
- Hairbrush - Tame hair gone wild as a result of open windows.
- Travel Friendly Activities- Crayola makes a great dry-erase kit that is perfect for the car, and another suggestion is Melissa and Doug's magnetic kits that allow you to make funny faces or mermaids, in our case. Both are self-contained and keep all the small parts safely stashed inside.
- Cash - Don't learn the hard way why you may possibly need cash on your travels. Try to carry at least $100 in smaller bills.
More Blog Postings